With so many routes to the cloud, a plethora of options, and complex economics to consider, migrating or building cloud-native applications can be a daunting task.
Many factors affect the success of cloud projects; such as the availability of skilled IT staff, cloud service discovery design, an understanding of architectures, realistic project planning, and alignment of business objectives with appropriate cloud solutions.
Therefore, it’s important to design the project carefully and set up a realistic roadmap to achieve the desired goals.
Designing a cloud system is a rigorous task because it involves a range of elements. Each one of them is equally important and will require professional excellence to get the job done.
This phase usually begins by extracting and analyzing the business requirements to figure out the best possible solution. Then, all the technical aspects of the system, such as architecture, security, hosting, and network design, are planned. Our experienced team gives special attention to every detail so that each requirement can be fulfilled. Some of the major key factors for cloud service design system are listed below.
- Business Requirement Analysis
- Application profiling
- Dependency mapping
- Network design
- Technical Architecture Design
- Cloud Hosting and/or Migration
- Data Protection & Security
- Management & Operations
Before starting any project, it’s imperative to ensure proper assessment and planning to increase the chances of success. It is usually done through information gathering or discovery tools to get a quantitative capture of the system. Similarly, this evaluation process gives an idea about the existing environment of the data center. All in all, we define the major tasks of the discovery phase in the following manner.
- Assessment and planning usually through information gathering or discovery tools
- Quantitative capture and evaluate existing data center environment & suitability for cloud deployment
Formulate Road Map for Cloud Discovery Design
A clear understanding of the project is vital for achieving success. Creating a road map is an excellent way to keep things under control because you always know how things are going. The following are some useful guidelines for designing a cloud system.
- Determine the Most Appropriate Cloud Model – The requirements of every business are different from others. Hence, selecting an appropriate cloud model is critical (be it private, public, or hybrid) for achieving the desired goals. Several factors, like the size of the data and the existing server, should be analyzed before making this decision.
- Rightsizing the Workloads – Finding the right balance between capacity requirements and performance is crucial for optimizing the cost. Therefore, it is always among the top priorities of our team.
- Shift Existing System to Cloud with Minimal Changes – Figure out the most suitable approach to build (or run) cloud-native apps that embrace modern methods. For example, use micro-services or containers or lift & shift the system with minimal application changes.
- Guidance and Recommendations – Once we have the requirements, our professional experts of IT service team give their suggestions for improving the system. In addition to that, proper guidance is given at each step to ensure that you get the desired design.